[arch-general] [arch-gen][flake8] flake8.main.git module no longer available on flake8 v. 1:4.0.1-1, breaking pre-commit flake8 hooks

Javier je-vv at e.email
Thu Nov 4 20:36:31 UTC 2021

On 11/4/21 02:53, Anton Hvornum via arch-general wrote:
> What git --version are you using and how do you setup your pre-hook?

% git --version
git version 2.33.1

> According to the code changelog [1] this "functionality" was removed
> but never added back in [1].

Oh, you're right, I missed that when looking into the commits referenced by the released notes milestones [3], because I though of *cvx* (concurrent versions system), instead of the right *vcs*, hahaha.  Ohh my, our work project still uses the old hooks, and they are not using *python-pre-commit*, :(

> But they do support git hooks [2] in a different way perhaps.

Ohh my, our work project still uses the old hooks, and they are not using *python-pre-commit*, :(  I'll have to see how I can commit, without having to always be under a docker image...

Thanks a lot !

--
Javier

[1] https://github.com/PyCQA/flake8/compare/c6e0d27...82b698e