[arch-general] fetchmail/exim line length messages

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 22:08:40 UTC 2021

Hi DR,

> I realize that emails that have lines larger than that are violating
> spec, but there's no real harm in allowing them in - since I'm already
> using good spam filtering, and especially if I know that I'm losing
> legit emails because of this.

You're encouraging their spread.
Take a stand!  Bounce!  :-)

You could look at what Exim deposits to see what's on the overlong
lines.  That may give a clue why it has started.  Or it might show some
upstream corruption problem is deleting the odd linefeed thus joining
two lines together.

--
Cheers, Ralph.