[arch-general] fetchmail/exim line length messages

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Fri Nov 26 19:33:42 UTC 2021

On 11/26/21 2:06 PM, Ralph Corderoy via arch-general wrote:
>> I'm not sure what, if anything, has changed recently to start causing
>> this.
>
> Have they something in common, e.g. all being bounced to
> sendgrid.meetup.com which indicates it's a problem with what the remote
> side is feeding fetchmail?

I suspected that as well, but the answer seems to be no.  Several were
from meetup, a couple from groups.io, one from a company, etc.  Seems
like something changed somewhere but I can't figure out what.

In the mean time, I commented out that "998 octets" check in my
exim.conf.  I realize that emails that have lines larger than that are
violating spec, but there's no real harm in allowing them in - since I'm
already using good spam filtering, and especially if I know that I'm
losing legit emails because of this.

Thanks,

DR