[arch-general] Firefox Ctrl-W

alpabrz at protonmail.com alpabrz at protonmail.com
Sat Oct 23 17:47:59 UTC 2021

Hello Paul!

Not a KDE user on my Arch Box, but I was able to achieve somewhat what
you want on my Ubuntu 21.04 tablet with Plasma 5.21.4 under X11. It's
a way to basically trigger certain actions (or not) through keystrokes,
depending on the active window (among other things). This feature is
hidden in the Settings under Shortcuts > Custom Shortcuts.

There you can define a group that matches certain windows, like Firefox,
and remap Ctrl+W via a so-called global shortcut (which is misleading,
since the group defines that only Firefox windows should be
matched). Some documentation I found online is this PDF from KDE [1].

Regards, Alex

[1] https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/khotkeys/kcontrol/khotkeys/khotkeys.pdf