[arch-general] Firefox Ctrl-W

Paul Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 15:21:49 UTC 2021

On Sat, 23 Oct 2021 at 18:49, alpabrz--- via arch-general <
arch-general at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:

> It's
> a way to basically trigger certain actions (or not) through keystrokes,
> depending on the active window (among other things). This feature is
> hidden in the Settings under Shortcuts > Custom Shortcuts.
>
> There you can define a group that matches certain windows, like Firefox,
> and remap Ctrl+W via a so-called global shortcut (which is misleading,
> since the group defines that only Firefox windows should be
> matched). Some documentation I found online is this PDF from KDE [1].

Yes! Thank you; this is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. I have
several global shortcuts defined already, but what I had missed was the
ability to add "conditions" to groups - that was the magic I was missing to
catch the shortcut selectively by application.

Thanks again; this will be *so* useful :p

Paul