[arch-general] Possible to rebuild a standard package?

Konstantin Gizdov arch at kge.pw
Sat Sep 4 14:06:13 UTC 2021

On 04/09/2021 15:12, Peter Nabbefeld via arch-general wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to re-build (not just re-install) pyside2 and python-shiboken2
> locally. As PKGBUILD (at least for shiboken2) contains cmake
> instructions, I'd guess this should be easy, but I cannot figure out, how.
>
> Kind regards,
> Peter

One thing you could also try locally is to install the devtools package
and then run the `extra-x86_64-build` command in the folder containing
the PKGBUILD file. This will create a clean chroot under /var and will
build the package exactly they way we build most packages in the
official repos. One thing to remember is that this way is much more
taxing in computing resources, specifically disk space and time. But it
is safer as your system is separated from the build environment.

--
Regards,
Konstantin