[arch-general] Possible to rebuild a standard package?

Peter Nabbefeld peter.nabbefeld at gmx.de
Sun Sep 5 13:38:53 UTC 2021

Am 04.09.21 um 16:06 schrieb Konstantin Gizdov via arch-general:
> On 04/09/2021 15:12, Peter Nabbefeld via arch-general wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'd like to re-build (not just re-install) pyside2 and python-shiboken2
>> locally. As PKGBUILD (at least for shiboken2) contains cmake
>> instructions, I'd guess this should be easy, but I cannot figure out, how.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Peter
>>

> One thing you could also try locally is to install the devtools package
> and then run the `extra-x86_64-build` command in the folder containing
> the PKGBUILD file. This will create a clean chroot under /var and will
> build the package exactly they way we build most packages in the
> official repos. One thing to remember is that this way is much more
> taxing in computing resources, specifically disk space and time. But it
> is safer as your system is separated from the build environment.

Thank You, Konstantin. I tried this, but had problems installing. Also,
I noticed some output of pacman - it seems, all the needed packages are
fetched from official repositories. As I wanted to rebuild pyside2 and
shiboken2 with an updated cx-freeze (from AUR, and further modified) as
well as an updated version of patchelf (from community-testing), this
doesn't work for me. BTW, I have not checked the dependencies of
pyside2, but I do need the updated packages at least for meshroom-git,
so it's not been important for me to check, if pyside2 has those
dependencies, too.

Kind regards,
Peter