[arch-general] archlinux-java script in java-common package

Matej Dujava mdujava+aur at kocurkovo.cz
Thu Sep 30 08:24:13 UTC 2021

On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 02:05:41PM +0900, 山田ハヤオ via arch-general wrote:
>The archlinux-java script in the java-common package has a lot of code that
>is inappropriate as a Bash script. (ShellCheck prints a lot of errors.)
>I have created a patch that fixes these errors with minimal changes.
>I put the patch on GitHub Gists because it collapses for some reason when I
>send the patch by email.
>all.patch is a patch that contains all the changes, and the other files
>split the changes by function.
>This is my first time sending a patch to a mailing list, so there may be
>something wrong with the way it is sent.
>
>Patch
>https://gist.github.com/Hayao0819/bacccc3eebeab73159001f60c9d35a43

Hey,
if you have problems sending patch in email you can take a look at [1].
It might be a problem of the email client converting Tabs to spaces or
removing whitespaces at the start or end of line. You might use
git-send-patch.

Usualy unified patch is send `patch -U` instead of the default.

[1] https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/submitting-patches.html#no-mime-no-links-no-compression-no-attachments-just-plain-text