[arch-general] [grub] how to make grub use the integrated intel gpu, rather than the discrete nvidia one?

Javier je-vv at e.email
Tue Apr 12 13:23:16 UTC 2022

Although I still see the weird dmsg errors, I found the culprit...  I removed "irqpoll" from the linux boot parameters:

>         irqfixup        [HW]
>                         When an interrupt is not handled search all handlers
>                         for it. Intended to get systems with badly broken
>                         firmware running.
>
>         irqpoll         [HW]
>                         When an interrupt is not handled search all handlers
>                         for it. Also check all handlers each timer
>                         interrupt. Intended to get systems with badly broken
>                         firmware running.

I have no idea why it was affecting, it's supposed to help, rather than affect...  I've always used it (since I found issues with mintbox 2 and another HP elitebook laptop), and had worked fine till now...

Thanks !

--
Javier

[1]  https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v5.2/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.html