[arch-general] not able to execute commands on tty

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 16:32:50 UTC 2022

On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 4:56 PM Frank via arch-general <
arch-general at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having an issue with tty. When loogin on I get the following error
> messages:
> -bash: /etc/profile: Permission denied
> -bash: PATH: Command not found
>
> This is my bashrc:
>
> #
> # ~/.bashrc
> #
>
> # If not running interactively, don't do anything
> [[ $- != *i* ]] && return
>
> snip

> #add Perl and Perl modules to file path
> export PATH="$(PATH):/usr/bin/core_perl/"
> export PATH="$(PATH):/usr/bin/vendor_perl/"
> export PATH="$(PATH):/usr/bin/site_perl/"
>
> This looks wrong.  This would presumably try to change the path three
times and only store the last one - but even that looks wrong.

PATH=$PATH:/usr/bin/core_perl:/usr/bin/vendor_perl:/usr/bin/site_perl

export PATH

would likely work as intended though.
I didn't look to see if there were other problems with the other section of
the file - but this part should be fixed and then try again.

--
mike c