[arch-general] Linux server crash causing router switch to stop working

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Fri Feb 11 16:44:23 UTC 2022

On 2/11/22 9:21 AM, Genes Lists via arch-general wrote:
> On 2/10/22 18:32, David Rosenstrauch via arch-general wrote:
>> "rcu_preempt detected stalls on cpus/tasks".  But searching on that
>
> Since the CPU is stalled and unable to make further progress something
> is inhibiting it.
> One thought - I wonder if the CPU is waiting for memory IO - in which
> case do you have sufficient memory for the load on the cpu and do you
> have swap set up?

I'm almost certain I have enough memory - 32GB on a machine that really
is not doing anything very memory intensive.  (Samba, dovecot, plex,
foldingathome, etc.)  And I have a 4GB swap file.

> Also it may be worthwhile running memcheck to be sure
> your memory is not faulty.

Yeah that thought occurred to me as well.  I ran a quick memtest86+ when
I first built the computer and it didn't show any issues.  But perhaps I
should take some downtime and have it run one through the full 3 rounds.

Thanks,

DR