[arch-general] Power Management on Thinkpad W530

naicam|ne naicamine at sl4mm3r5.com
Sun Feb 13 14:03:58 UTC 2022

On 2/13/22 13:48, Jonathon Fernyhough via arch-general wrote:
> This drop in capacity normally indicates the battery has reached (or in
> this case, gone well past) the end of its serviceable life.

Yah I pretty much figured the battery is probably toast at this point. I
just want to make sure that power management is working before I throw
parts at it and replace the battery, just to have it do the same thing
to the new one.

> How old is the battery, how many charge/discharge cycles has it seen,
> and has it been allowed to overheat at any point (e.g. the laptop put
> into a bag while still running)?

This decrease in life happened quickly but it was in terms of a couple
of weeks, not a couple of days. I couldn't say how many cycles it's been
through. I bought the laptop refurbished, and I dont know the condition
of the battery at that time, other than I got about 2.5 hrs of usage
from it on windows 10.

--