[arch-general] Anonymous donation

uick_ciller at 24mail.xyz uick_ciller at 24mail.xyz
Mon Feb 14 15:53:02 UTC 2022

Hi!

Arch Linux has become my favourite pastime and passion and I'd like to
donate to the project. I have looked at the options (card payment or
PayPal) and haven't found the possibility to hide my real name as I am
really not that keen on sharing my name on the public list of donors:
https://archlinux.org/donate/

Unfortunately, I am not a James Smith or Caron Lewis, but have a
uniquely identifiable combination of first and last name, that means
anyone could look me up on Google, because surely there exists no other
name like this in the world.

This is actually what I tried: I picked some uniquely looking names from
the donors page, put them into Google and of course archlinux.org shows up.

You may call me fussy, but I don't like the idea of my real name being
linked to any of my actual hobbies/interests online. It should be
nobody's business to know what my hobbies are (employers, ex-partners,
I-am-gonna-say-it-yes-the-government)! I get it that archlinux.org wants
to show appreciation by publicly sharing the list of donors, but I do
not want it!

Please, I beg you, do enable donors to opt out of being on the public list!

Thanks!

Goldmund