[arch-general] Why is README stripped from gawk package?

Lone_Wolf lone_wolf at klaas-de-kat.nl
Sun Jan 9 13:41:14 UTC 2022

On 09-01-2022 13:31, Uwe Koloska via arch-general wrote:
> Am 09.01.22 um 06:10 schrieb mpan via arch-general:
>>
>>    If anything is missing, consider filing a bug report to gawk
>> developers at <bug-gawk at gnu.org>.
>
> Why should upstream follow Arch's rules when installing? It is the
> responsibility of the Arch maintainer to provide the README file in
> the right place -- when it is useful, as in this case.
>
> Regards, Uwe

Archlinux package does install man pages and info pages of gawk.

I did check the readme and found some information useful for a packager
(like targets for printing manuals in different formats) , but nothing
that stands out to me as useful for normal users.

What information in the readme do you and OP feel is useful and not
available through man / info pages ?

Lone_Wolf