[arch-general] Grub installiert issue

u34 at net9.ga u34 at net9.ga
Tue Jan 18 23:58:44 UTC 2022

Frank Zimmermann via arch-general <arch-general at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:

> I'm doing my first Arch install on an UEFI system and have troubles with GRUB. Following the instruction on the Wiki grub-mkconfig complained about a missing /boot/grub/grub.cfg.new.
> So I manually created a grub.cfg file but when rebooting Grub says error: unknown file system. In rescue mode I type
> set root=(hd0,gpt1)
> set prefix=(0,1)/boot/grub
> insmod normal
> error: disk '0,1' not found
> set prefix=(hd0,gpt1)/boot/grub
> insmod normal
> error: unknown filesystem
> set prefix=(0,gpt1)/boot/grub
> insmod normal
> error: disk 0,gpt1 not found
>
> My efi partition is the first partition on the first ssd.
> I think I did all I found on the Wiki and search on the web but am lost now with generating the grub.cfg
>
> Any hints please?
>
> Frank

1. Are there other operating systems installed?
2. Are you able to restart the installation process? Note I dondn't mean
   reinstall. I mean restart the installtion process in order to use its
   rescue capabilities.
3. Can you post your ssd partition scheme?
4. Can you tell what file system your efi partition has? And your boot
   partition?

--
jadon