[arch-general] Grub installiert issue

NTS nts at gyatso.de
Wed Jan 19 16:04:31 UTC 2022

Hello,

As far as I know grub.cfg can be found in two locations:

/boot/grub2/grub.cfg  when NOT using EFI
/boot/efi/EFI/arch/grub.cfg  when using EFI

the latter being the same as EFI/arch/grub.cfg on the EFI system
partition which is mounted at /boot/efi (but usually not in a rescue
system!).

So if one is changed but the changes have no effect perhaps the other
one needs to be modified.

On my system (EFI boot with LVM on LUKS) the second (EFI) one just
unlocks the / partition then chain-loads the first.

Oh, and I also believe (hd0,gptN)/boot/.... would be the right form
although I use /dev/mapper paths myself in my /boot/grub2/grub.cfg .

Hope this helps,

NTS