[arch-general] ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 11 mic not working

Sadeep Madurange sadeep at asciimx.com
Mon Jul 4 13:36:20 UTC 2022

Hello everyone,

I installed arch 5.18.9-arch1-1 on a ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 11. Initially my speakers weren't working. Following the arch wiki, I installed sof-firmware and added the following to /etc/modprobe.d/audiofix.conf:

options snd-hda-intel dmic_detect=0
options snd-hda-intel model=laptop-amic enable=yes

After that speakers started to work. However, my mic is still not working. I'm using plain alsa, and amixer command to control audio. I have already increased the volume of the mic using `amixer set Capture '100%'` for which I see the following output.

Simple mixer control 'Capture',0
  Capabilities: cvolume cswitch
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Capture 0 - 63
  Front Left: Capture 63 [100%] [30.00dB] [on]
  Front Right: Capture 63 [100%] [30.00dB] [on]

Result of `arecord -l` is:

**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC287 Analog [ALC287 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Following the Arch wiki, I tried adding the following to /etc/modprobe.d/snd-hda-intel.conf:

options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=1

When I tried to run the following command, I got the "Not permitted error":

# rmmod snd-hda-intel && modprobe snd-hda-intel

Help please.
--
Executive ability is prominent in your make-up.