[arch-general] Linux 5.18.8 - VirtualBox dkms - /usr/bin/dkms: line 1033: sha512: command not found

Piscium groknok at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 05:49:32 UTC 2022

On Mon, 4 Jul 2022 at 12:14, Jonathon Fernyhough via arch-general
<arch-general at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:

> On 03/07/2022 08:53, Piscium via arch-general wrote:
> > On Sun, 3 Jul 2022 at 07:34, David C. Rankin via arch-general
> > > What about the symlink discussed in the bbs topic?
> >
> > The symlink worked for me.
>
> As noted in the bug report and the forum thread the symlink hides the
> error but is not a fix, as "sha512" is an argument being passed to
> another command rather than a command in itself.

True. However with the symlink trick my PC booted fine whereas I am
not sure it would have booted fine without any change at all (I use
the proprietary nvidia drivers).

In any case, I have removed the symlink, downgraded dkms and kmod,
added them to the ignore list in pacman.conf, and reinstalled the
kernel and its headers (and the lts version) and all is good.

The reason for downgrading kmod is a warning, which may be harmless
but I did not want to take chances.
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/75218