[arch-general] Virtualbox - rdesktop access only shows 1024x768 active in window of 1440x864?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 04:39:05 UTC 2022

All,

   Accessing virtualbox guests on Arch server with rdesktop will only show
1024 x 768 active (meaning background, taskbar, mouse movement, etc.) in
window of 1440 x 864. This started around linux 5.17.6 and continues through
the current kernel.

   What changed and what do I need to do to be able to see the entire window?
(it's there, I can move windows to from the black area, I just can't see it)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.