[arch-general] Vim errors: Can't allocate color Orange, Can't allocate color SlateBlue, etc...

David C. Rankin drankinatty at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 02:40:03 UTC 2022

All,

  A recent change to how vim is being packages has resulted in errors when
opening files with C syntax highlight on my system. The error I receive is, e.g.:

Error detected while processing
/etc/vimrc[38]../usr/share/vim/vim82/syntax/syntax.vim[19]../usr/share/vim/vim82/syntax/synload.vim[21]../usr/share/vim/vim82/syntax/syncolor.vim:
line   53:
E254: Cannot allocate color SlateBlue
E254: Cannot allocate color SlateBlue

  I get the same error with different colors depending on what different
highlight elements are present in any file.

  Was the vim package changed to put this stuff in another package? Odd error

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.