[arch-general] sequoia-octopus-librnp 1.3.0-1 not working with new thunderbir 91.8.1-1

Lone_Wolf lone_wolf at klaas-de-kat.nl
Fri May 6 08:25:37 UTC 2022

On 05-05-2022 22:41, Javier via arch-general wrote:
> Today's thunderbird upgrade broke sequoia-octopus-librnp (universe),
> it might be octopus just requires a new build with up to date sys
> libraries, or that a new octopus librnp version is required.
>
> For now, keeping thunderbird on 91.8.1-1, not allowing it to upgrade
> is a workaround.

from https://sequoia-pgp.org/

        Octopus 1.3.0 is Released
        <https://sequoia-pgp.org/blog/2022/04/22/202204-octopus-1.3.0/>

By Justus <https://sequoia-pgp.org/#> on April 22, 2022

We are pleased to announce a new release of the Octopus
<https://crates.io/crates/sequoia-octopus-librnp>, an alternative
OpenPGP backend for Thunderbird. This release notably fixes a bug that
could lead to a loss of secret key material. It also includes fixes that
make the Octopus compatible with Thunderbird 91.8.0.

Looks like that library will require  a new version .

I can't find sequoia-octopus-librnp in archlinux repos or aur, are you
sure arch-general ML is the right place to report this ?

Lone_Wolf