[arch-general] Rollback to specific date works fine -- but really slow download

mpan archml-y1vf3axu at mpan.pl
Fri May 13 20:53:40 UTC 2022

> I just wanted to confirm that the 300-500KiB I was getting in download was
> normal or if I had missed something on the wiki page. Even if slow, the
> archive is invaluable for circumstances just like this, and I can understand
> why limiting the download may help create a balance for the use of the archive.
   I am getting ~10MB/s right now, though also observing some missing
packets and latency jumping on one of hoster’s routers to multi-second
range despite normally being 30ms from them.

   So under 512KB/s reported by you is not too fast. But I would not be
concerned about that for the reason I mentioned earlier: it’s not a
mirror meant for daily use.