[arch-general] About merge for revolt into revolt-desktop

Morten Linderud foxboron at archlinux.org
Fri May 27 19:21:07 UTC 2022

On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 12:16:59PM +0200, Óscar García Amor via arch-general wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> A few days ago a request was made to merge revolt into revolt-desktop
> in AUR. At that time I already explained[1] that these were different
> packages and that the merger did not make sense.
>
> Three days ago Morten Linderud finally approved the merger of the
> packages despite the two being different.
>
> I have tried to contact him explaining why these packages should not
> be merged but I have not received a response. This is a copy of the
> email I sent him.

Yes, I did get the email but I have been busy and simply haven't gotten too it.
I would appreciate if you gave me more than two days :p

> [SNIP]
>
> I understand that, as people working on Arch Linux there is a lot of
> work to be done, but that is no excuse, IMHO, for doing things wrong.

Sure, but mistakes happen. We have 8 pages of AUR requests that needs to be
dealt with on a regular basis and sometimes we do rely a tiny bit too much on
the descriptions given.

> Could the merger of these packages be reversed?

There isn't a good way to reverte this merge sadly. I have however restored the
revolt package.

--
Morten Linderud
PGP: 9C02FF419FECBE16