[arch-mirrors] lastsync file in ftp root

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed Aug 4 06:21:06 EDT 2010

Hello mirror admins,

we have put a file called lastsync into our root dir to be able to
check whether a mirror is up to date compared to our master server;
even if its part of a mirror chain. Some mirrors have overwritten this
file by their own. Therefore I ask you to check you script and if it
creates such a file, either remove it or perpend a . which should not
interfere with any of our files.

(Due to this the mirror status pages at
https://www.archlinux.de/?page=MirrorStatus and
https://www.archlinux.de/?page=MirrorProblems) might show wrong data.
So, don't worry if it shows that your mirror hasn't synced for 40
years. (My script didn't expect anything else than a timestamp in that
file)

If you have a lastsync file which does not contain a timestamp (error
log at status page show something like "invalid lastsync time:
2010-08-04 05:22:08-04:00" but your script does not create such a file
you most likely inherited this from your upstream mirror.

Greetings and thanks for mirroring us,

Pierre