[arch-mirrors] Syncing

Piyush P Kurur ppk at cse.iitk.ac.in
Wed Jul 28 12:58:33 EDT 2010

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I am currently away from IIT Kanpur and was
not able to make the necessary changes. We maintain the arch linux
mirror at mirror.cse.iitk.ac.in.

	We will now be syncing from one of the Trier 1 mirrors. I have
send a mail to one of the admins
rsync://rsync.gtlib.gatech.edu/archlinux/" I will start the cronjob
once I get a go-ahead from them.

By the way I noticed in the mirror listing at
http://www.archlinux.de/?page=MirrorStatus that our http mirrors
response time is of the order of 6 seconds whereas our ftp server
seems to be doing much better.  (0.52).

I noticed that some mirrors have comparable response time for both
http and ftp and in some cases the situation is reverse. Am I reading
too much into these figures or is there some special reason for this?

Regards

ppk