[arch-mirrors] miscellaneous

Carsten Otto otto at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Nov 29 09:06:53 EST 2011

Dear all,

I am an administrator of ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de, which is already
registered as an Archlinux mirror. I just noticed two strange things
about being an Archlinux mirror.

1) The wiki at https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mirrors does not
show my mirror, although it is registered. I cannot edit this page. I
think it is outdated and should be replaced by some automated list.

2) On https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:NewMirrors it
is stated "Do not rsync more rapidly than every hour". However, on
http://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/status/ I see several mirrors with a
low (good) score and an average delay of less than an hour. Most of
these are not listed as tier 1 mirrors.

As an admin of ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de I'd like to get as much
traffic as possible. However, if I play be the rules, my score is not as
good as it should be. Please clarify. Since then, we're synchronizing
every 30 minutes.

PS: What about push triggers?

Thanks,
Carsten Otto           otto at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
LuFG Informatik 2      http://verify.rwth-aachen.de/otto/
RWTH Aachen            phone: +49 241 80-21211