[arch-mirrors] arch linux mirror down

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Mon May 14 05:03:32 EDT 2012

On Mon, 14 May 2012 07:51:30 +0000
Andrew Holland <Andrew.holland at academica.fi> wrote:

> As this is the mirror that we currently sync from, and it's been down
> for 3 days (for rsync) - I'll confirm that it is, in fact, down for
> rsync.
>
> rsync: failed to connect to archlinux.mirrors.uk2.net: Connection
> refused (111) rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at
> clientserver.c(124) [receiver=3.0.6]

Ah, OK, apologies - I only checked HTTP last night, as I received your
mail as I was about to head out.

It seems the rsync daemon had stopped for some reason; I've started it
back up, and will be looking in to why it stopped, and more importantly
why Nagios didn't catch it for me (I thought rsync on that box was
being monitored, but presumably not, since I had to find out by a
report from you, rather than automated alerts...)

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for letting me know about the
problems you were seeing.

--
David Precious ("bigpresh") <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/     www.preshweb.co.uk/twitter