[arch-mirrors] arch linux mirror down

Karol Chmurzyński chmuri at gmail.com
Mon May 14 05:40:39 EDT 2012

2012/5/14 Ionut Biru <ibiru at archlinux.org>:
> On 05/14/2012 12:03 PM, David Precious wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 May 2012 07:51:30 +0000
>> Andrew Holland <Andrew.holland at academica.fi> wrote:
>>
>>> As this is the mirror that we currently sync from, and it's been down
>>> for 3 days (for rsync) - I'll confirm that it is, in fact, down for
>>> rsync.
>>>
>>> rsync: failed to connect to archlinux.mirrors.uk2.net: Connection
>>> refused (111) rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at
>>> clientserver.c(124) [receiver=3.0.6]
>>
>> Ah, OK, apologies - I only checked HTTP last night, as I received your
>> mail as I was about to head out.
>>
>> It seems the rsync daemon had stopped for some reason; I've started it
>> back up, and will be looking in to why it stopped, and more importantly
>> why Nagios didn't catch it for me (I thought rsync on that box was
>> being monitored, but presumably not, since I had to find out by a
>> report from you, rather than automated alerts...)
>>
>> Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for letting me know about the
>> problems you were seeing.
>>

> Thanks for looking into this but the server is responding very very slow.
>
> Listening contents of http://archlinux.mirrors.uk2.net/extra/os/x86_64/
> for example doesn't work.
>
> rsync freeze at receiving files list.
>
> receiving file list ...
>  5300 files...
>

> --
> Ionuț

You could use several rsync tier1 servers, or just change it to DE
beacuse its most stable tier.

By the way, could someone check my FTP
server(mirror.chmuri.net/archmirror)? Recently flew from the list
because he was a connection problem, and unfortunately the problem
occurs even after disabling the firewall and see how easily merge with
ftp.

--
Pozdrawiam Karol Chmurzyński