[arch-mirrors] questions on how to proceed for archlinux Mirror

Diego Xirinachs J. dxiri at xirihosting.com
Tue May 21 18:30:50 EDT 2013

Hello list,

Just joined because I want to make an Arch Linux mirror in Costa Rica,
but I am not sure if I can meet the requirements, mainly of bandwidth,
here is a short story:

Currently at work there is a server I no longer have use for, its an HP
proliant ML110G6. I would like this server to become an Arch mirror, our
Internet connection here is 9Mbps/9Mbps.

Questions:
- Is that bandwidth enough for a public mirror?
- Will setting up this server choke my network?
- Can I use the server for other stuff? say a web server for local
development or backup server?
- I have an Arch laptop, can I download packages from this mirror while
I am at work using the private IP address?

I have read [1] and [2] regarding this topic.

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Local_Mirror
[2] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mirroring

Regards