[arch-mirrors] Mirror hosting - downtime and feature question

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Fri Jan 9 18:51:41 UTC 2015

On 09.01.2015 19:30, webmasterlocalmsp at gmail.com wrote:
> 1)  If i need to take the site down for maintenance, is there a best
> practice for notification / monitoring of the systems that manage /
> test the mirrors?  Talking routine, 1-4 hour maintenance type event.

Just take it down. I check our monitoring every couple of days so
chances are I won't do that at the exact time you do your maintenance.
If I do I might check how long it is down, but worst case you get a
short mail from me.

For longer downtime it's best to send a mail to this list.

pacman will fall back to other mirrors if the users have more than one
listed in their mirrorlist so that's not too bad.

> 2)  When I want to add an additional service such as https, rsync -
> who do I let know so the mirrors can be updated?

Create a bugreport on our tracker.