[arch-mirrors] "symlink has no referent" errors

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Mon Mar 16 10:45:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 16.03.2015 11:02, Michael Meier (FTP Admin) wrote:
> It seems it's not always the same, there is some variation, only the
> dwarffortress-error is there every time and has been for some time.

As for the dwarffortress error that was a somehow left over symlink. The
others were likely just being created when you synced. I'll see if
that's the case and if the race condition can be fixed. I now also have
a cronjob checking for dead symlinks.

Are you still using rsync --copy-links? We are using symlinks to keep
bandwidth and sync times low when packages move between repos, but if
you use that option you loose that benefit. Also that option causes
those errors. If you take it out you'd simply sync broken links without
errors. Sorry I didn't notice that the first time.

As described in the wiki[1] we suggest "-rtlvH --delete-after
--delay-updates --safe-links --max-delete=1000". If possible please try
to adapt your options.

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:NewMirrors

Hope that helps,
Florian