[arch-mirrors] [Announcement] Restructuring the arch-mirrors list

Daniel Petre daniel.petre at rcs-rds.ro
Mon Feb 1 18:18:43 UTC 2016

On 02/01/2016 07:15 PM, Florian Pritz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I propose the following two lists:
>
>  - arch-mirrors:
No need..

>  - arch-mirrors-discussion: General discussion list. Our users might be
> subscribed here. Mirror admins can use it to send mail regarding
> downtime or user facing changes. They will either be whitelisted or can
> subscribe and disable receiving mail (it's in the mailman user settings).

Make one list called arch-mirrors and let only AL staff and whitelisted mirror admins post to it. Others interested in mirroring should be manually enabled to submit each time.

P.S. The company i work for mirrors AL at http://archlinux.mirrors.linux.ro/ if anyone wonders.

--
Daniel Petre
Unified Services, RCS & RDS (Pitești)