[arch-mirrors] Shutdown of server mirror.armbrust.me and setting up a new mirror mirror.fi.armbrust.me

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Sun Jan 27 15:50:53 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 12:55:55PM +0100, Michael Armbruster via arch-mirrors <arch-mirrors at archlinux.org> wrote:
> I am currently running the mirror mirror.armbrust.me located in
> France. Due to financial and organizational reasons, I will have to
> relocate the mirror server (and I will prepare for more mirrors in the
> yet far future).
>
> The server "mirror.armbrust.me" will change its location from France
> to Finland with the new domain "mirror.fi.armbrust.me".

We list all URLs of mirrors operated by the same organization under one
name. It does not matter if the URLs use different subdomains or if they
are in different countries. In your case I've removed the old URLs and
added the new ones, but the listing is still under the name
"armbrust.me"[1]. If you have more URLs in the future, we will add them
there. If you want to see what that will look like, you can check out
the leaseweb mirror[2].

[1] https://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/armbrust.me/
[2] https://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/leaseweb.net/

That said, it looks like there is an issue with the HTTP URL[3]. When I
use `curl http://mirror.fi.armbrust.me/archlinux/lastsync` I get some
weird binary data. Can you look into that? Unless it's something
interesting that you want to share with whoever reads this list, feel
free to send me a private mail (or none at all) if you fixed it.

[3] https://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/armbrust.me/1241/

> Due to financial reasons (space in the new location is much more
> expensive), the new mirror no longer has "other", "archive" and
> "sources", but it does mirror the "iso" folder (and of course
> everything mandatory). I am sorry for that.

That's perfectly fine. We currently do not keep a record of which
mirrors have other/archive/sources. We do keep a record of which ones
have the ISOs since the website redirects ISO downloads based on that
information.

> How to proceed further? Should I simply add a new feature request for
> the Finland mirror and you will remove the France mirror, or can you
> simply "rename" the mirror and change its location?

As explained above, it's a simple matter of adding and removing some
URLs. Also, you don't have to worry about how we store and maintain
mirror info, but thanks for thinking about us this much ;)

Florian