[arch-mirrors] mirror.lty.me out of sync

Michael Hoenack michaelhoenack at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 02:57:18 UTC 2019

Hi,

Arch newbie here, but encountered a confusing issue.

It seems that mirror.lty.me is badly out of sync.

Weirdly enough, https://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/status/ is showing
that the mirror is up to date, and syncing every 2 minutes.

Unfortunately, it is a really fast mirror, so reflector is ranking as
the first mirror in the /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist for me, so anyone who
is not paying attention is getting locked out of updates.

Seems like it has been out of date for a while too, as this thread had a
person with 120 packages in need of an upgrade!

https://www.reddit.com/r/archlinux/comments/chjohu/lack_of_updates_caused_by_bad_mirrorlist_from/

I'm sure you know, but you can test this by putting mirror.lty.me at the
top of the /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist and then running pacman -Syyu, and
it will have a ton of errors like this:

warning: ark: local (19.04.3-1) is newer than extra (19.04.2-1)

I'm just confused how https://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/status/ isn't
recognizing that this mirror is out of date!

Michael