[arch-mirrors] mirror.lty.me out of sync

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Fri Jul 26 12:38:47 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 08:57:18PM -0600, Michael Hoenack <michaelhoenack at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm just confused how https://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/status/ isn't
> recognizing that this mirror is out of date!

Our status page only looks at the lastsync file and its timestamp. We
recommend that all of the content (including the lastsync file) is
fetched via rsync from the upstream mirror. My guess is that this mirror
may update the file individually or even independently from rsync.

That said, our website's monitoring data is currently only displayed and
not used for automatic alerting. We notify mirror admins after manual
review of the data. If anyone is interested in automating this feel free
to take a look at the ticket:
https://github.com/archlinux/archweb/issues/142

Florian