[arch-multilib] gcc-libs-multilib should not replace gcc-libs

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Fri Aug 27 02:38:36 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I just noticed that gcc-libs-multilib replaces and provides gcc-libs. I
would prefer if this package would just provide those files in
/usr/lib32 and not replace a core package. The disadvantages of the
current package are that systems might break if gcc in core/testing is
newer and its more difficult to remove the multilib packages. I see that
this is a bigger problem for gcc itself; but this wont be installed by
the average user anyway and only in the build chroot.

So my suggestion would be that multilib (runtime) packages should not
replace packages from core or extra.

Greetings,

Pierre