[arch-multilib] lib32-gtk-engine-murrine

Jonathan Conder jonno.conder+arch at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 22:08:11 EDT 2010

  Hi,

Sorry if this appears twice, I forgot to send it through my +arch address.

I have recently become a Trusted User and would like to help out with
multilib support. For starters, I have created a lib32 package for
gtk-engine-murrine. The normal package is in community already, and a
multilib version would be useful for flashplugin and skype (using
QGtkStyle). Here is the PKGBUILD:

# Maintainer: Jonathan Conder <jonno dot conder at gmail dot com>

_pkgbasename=gtk-engine-murrine
pkgname=lib32-$_pkgbasename
pkgver=0.90.3
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="GTK2 engine to make your desktop look like a 'murrina' (32-bit)"
arch=('x86_64')
url="http://cimitan.com/murrine/project/murrine"
license=('GPL')
depends=('lib32-gtk2' "$_pkgbasename")
makedepends=('gcc-multilib' 'intltool' 'perl')
options=('!libtool')
source=("http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/murrine/0.90/murrine-$pkgver.tar.bz2")

md5sums=('58a10b5c7b5e114a8a7ff5705fe274f5')

build() {
         export CC='gcc -m32'
         export PKG_CONFIG_PATH='/usr/lib32/pkgconfig'

         cd "$srcdir/murrine-$pkgver"
         ./configure --prefix=/usr \
                 --libdir=/usr/lib32 \
                 --enable-animation
         make
}

package() {
         cd "$srcdir/murrine-$pkgver"
         make DESTDIR="$pkgdir/" install
         rm -rf "$pkgdir/usr/share"
}

I have tried to model it on other lib32 packages, but if I got something
wrong please let me know. Running namcap reports 2 errors which I think
are irrelevant:

lib32-gtk-engine-murrine W: Dependency included and not needed
('gtk-engine-murrine')
lib32-gtk-engine-murrine E: ELF file
('usr/lib32/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libmurrine.so') outside of a valid path.

If this is all ok, I would like to have access to the multilib
repository. Let me know if any extra information is required for this.

Thanks,
Jonathan