[arch-multilib] lib32-gtk-engine-murrine

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Fri Sep 3 03:50:25 EDT 2010

Am 03.09.2010 04:08, schrieb Jonathan Conder:
> lib32-gtk-engine-murrine W: Dependency included and not needed
> ('gtk-engine-murrine')
> lib32-gtk-engine-murrine E: ELF file
> ('usr/lib32/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libmurrine.so') outside of a valid path.

One thing which we all forgot is to add /usr/lib32 to makepkg.conf's
STRIP_DIRS - namcap doesn't show that.

The dependency on the non-lib32 package is only needed if there are any
the header or data files in it, so check that, too.

> If this is all ok, I would like to have access to the multilib
> repository. Let me know if any extra information is required for this.

We need to agree on a policy for these theme engines. Do we want to add
every single theme engine to multilib? Do we want to add any? And why?
This is a topic that needs to be discussed before we start pushing lots
of packages into multilib.

As for access - I'd like to bring more people on board, not necessarily
for adding new packages, but also for keeping the existing ones up to date.