[arch-multilib] lib32-gtk-engine-murrine

Jonathan Conder jonno.conder+arch at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 04:32:42 EDT 2010

On 03/09/10 19:50, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 03.09.2010 04:08, schrieb Jonathan Conder:
>> lib32-gtk-engine-murrine W: Dependency included and not needed
>> ('gtk-engine-murrine')
>> lib32-gtk-engine-murrine E: ELF file
>> ('usr/lib32/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libmurrine.so') outside of a valid path.
>
> One thing which we all forgot is to add /usr/lib32 to makepkg.conf's
> STRIP_DIRS - namcap doesn't show that.
>
> The dependency on the non-lib32 package is only needed if there are any
> the header or data files in it, so check that, too.

Yeah, there is one data file, hence the rm command in package().

>> If this is all ok, I would like to have access to the multilib
>> repository. Let me know if any extra information is required for this.
>
> We need to agree on a policy for these theme engines. Do we want to add
> every single theme engine to multilib? Do we want to add any? And why?
> This is a topic that needs to be discussed before we start pushing lots
> of packages into multilib.

Personally I would like to have GUI consistency across all applications,
regardless of architecture. It would also reduce warning messages from
flash. There aren't that many GTK engines that I know of, and I think
murrine is one of the most popular.

On the other hand, 32-bit theme engines would have to be installed
manually, and murrine for one doesn't update often, which might favour
leaving it in the AUR. The current package still uses the old lib32
system, but I could update it if need be.

> As for access - I'd like to bring more people on board, not necessarily
> for adding new packages, but also for keeping the existing ones up to date.

Ok, well I use wine, flash and skype (plus dependencies of course) so I
wouldn't mind helping out with that either.

Jonathan