[arch-ports] Who's working on Arch64 packages?

seshu yamajala syamajala at gamebox.net
Sat Dec 3 09:07:59 EST 2005

On Dec 1, 2005, at 3:36 PM, Maluvia wrote:

> BTW, could someone explain to me why we cannot just put all the
> 64bit libs in lib rather than lib64, (and use lib32 for later
> multilib expansion)?

Ok, so the reason things are done the way they are right now is
because I followed debian on amd64. They use the symlink and for
32bit backwards compatibility they setup a chroot. To me this seems
like a much better idea than packaging both 32bit and 64bit apps for
arch64. Also the symlink is supposed to be the other way around from /
lib64 to /lib i've been meaning to fix that...