[arch-ports] Development of Arch64 / site arch64.org still down

Dieter Rethmeyer Dieter at Rethmeyers.de
Mon Dec 12 14:25:15 EST 2005

Hello,

I am a new arch64 user and I am interested in making Arch64 an good,
perhaps the best 64-bit distribution. At the moment I am using Arch32 as
some applications are not available in Arch64, so I try to compile them
here (with more or less success). My base Arch64 system is running and
digikam works already :)

What about arch64.org? - it is still down. Do you know when the site
will be up again?

Another question about package updates: Will updates still be made with
pacman in Arch64 or ist there another solution planned?

And, at last: If I suceed in compiling some programs I use (just working
on digikam and postfix - having trouble with mc, acroread,
openoffice.org2) - are you interested in the results (PKGBUILDs,
binaries, problems I have)? Shall compilation problems and possible
solutions be discussed on this mailing list?

Dieter