[arch-ports] install archlinuxppc on a powerbook g4

olivasj at ecs.csus.edu olivasj at ecs.csus.edu
Thu Jan 5 11:19:35 EST 2006

> That it and now you can use your powerbook with archlinux ppc, install X
> and so on...  with pacman :)
>

> - Benoît

Thank you!  I had put my G3 iMac in storage after I could not get Arch
installed.  I tried your guide and it (almost) worked perfectly.  I did
have a problem with my initrd.  For some reason, the shell script that
determines what type of filesystem to mount as the root fs wasn't working
properly, so I edited it manually and re-gzipped the .img and used it and
now it works perfectly.

I'm very pleased with the performance of the 400mhz G3 with 320MB RAM.  I
still need to figure out what I'm going to do with the imac, but at least
I have it working!

-Joe