[arch-ports] [x86_64] new ISOs for testing out

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Mon Jul 10 14:59:16 EDT 2006

I made a new set of ISOs for the Arch64 port. I used tpowa's
mkbootcd/archboot - these're great tools. CDs were made with all current
packages up to date until yesterday.

This time we have a full current cd(still uploading), a base cd and a
ftp-only cd. So please test them and report bugs you will surely find.
Network detection worked for me, trying a ftp install worked also well
using ftp.archlinux.org.

We use the same installer as arch32. So look for bugs in the installer
and in our current packages as well.

The CDs include the new glibc, openssl, db and gnutils updates. So it's
not recommended to use the arch64.org repos anymore when you use the
new cds. I'll try to fix and update all extra packages as soon as
possible to get missing dependencies resolved. Until that you may
decide to wait or try old arch64.org extra repo for missing packages.

Good luck and praying for no showstopper bugs!

And here they are: http://www.archlinux.org/~andyrtr/

AndyRTR