[arch-ports] [x86_64] new ISOs for testing out

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Sun Jul 16 16:07:58 EDT 2006

from the response i got the installation is going very well.

i had two users reporting grub installs but is not working. this is
weird because it's still the same old package. it would be nice if
somebody who knows that our package works for him will try installing
grub from the installer of the new isos.

we should improve grub for the future. i hope to get it compile
natively. but for now i don't time for that. other distributions are
adding more patches (frugal, gentoo...). you all may test them and
report if you find a good solution for your hardware. a good place for
searching is also the Cross-LFS book. They had recently a similar
discussion on their devel list.

before i want to declare them official i'd like to make sure that
grub also works if it is only a small fix. anyway with lilo all seems
fine.

AndyRTR