[arch-ports] Arch64 - call for a website maintainer

Judd Vinet jvinet at zeroflux.org
Thu Mar 2 13:25:35 EST 2006

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 11:29:46AM -0500, Dusty Phillips wrote:
> I don't think its a good idea. Have you looked at the sources for the
> existing page?  Its got crazy spans, tables, hard to read, I don't
> know how Judd manages to maintain it. :-D I think its actually time
> for the main archlinux.org site to be rewritten in nice clean XHTML
> 1.0 and CSS...

That would super duper.  (yea that's right, I said "super duper")

The arch page was originally slapped together for me back in 2002 (or
was it 2003?) by a fellow co-worker who had more free time than I.  If
someone were inclined to re-design the thing, I'd be a happy geek.  The
PHP portions should be re-coded too, perhaps in a proper framework.
They're all pretty adhoc right now, and it's ugly.

- J