[arch-ports] What's needed for an official port

Jason Chu jason at archlinux.org
Tue Mar 21 15:09:57 EST 2006

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 05:38:32PM +0100, Moritz Alexander Esser wrote:
> Jason Chu wrote:
> > - a working install cd
>
> I developed a script which creates a complete install cd with just a few
> commands. It's still under heavy development! Andreas built our 0.7.1
> beta7 and rc1 install cd with it and they are working quit good (some
> bugs are left)
> I have some thoughts to give the script multi-arch support, so ppc and
> i686 may use it as well!
>
> Regards,
> Moritz

I'd say make it available.  As you may have sen in the last newsletter,
we're looking into making the archie scripts official and we could use
those to generate x86_64 install cds as well.

Jason

--
If you understand, things are just as they are.  If you do not understand,
things are just as they are.