[arch-ports] [archlinux ppc] Scripts

Alexander Baldeck kth5 at archlinuxppc.org
Tue Nov 7 11:11:42 EST 2006

Alexander Baldeck wrote:
> Marco Pensallorto wrote:
>> 2006/11/7, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de
>> <mailto:pierre at archlinux.de>>:
>>
>>     Am Dienstag, 7. November 2006 16:20 schrieb Alexander Baldeck:
>>      > It's simply not implemented, cvsup doesn't work on non-x86 because of
>>

>> [CUT]
>>
>>     But abs can run with csup instead of cvsup. This works for x86_64;
>>     so chances
>>     are that it might work for ppc, too.
>>

>> In fact it does. A simple symlink has solved  the problem. I use abs
>> from the x86  archlinux and already had
>
> You could just have used CVS. But yeah, need to put that on the site. :)

To reply to myself:

In addition, I should have pointed out that we DO NOT use the official
CVS repo on PPC, and thus need to configure it differently. So being
able to pull the official CVS by ABS is by no means the preferred method
of fixing the problem. ;p

If you have a working patch for pacman that uses:

CVS_ROOT=:pserver:anonymous at cvs.archlinuxppc.org:/home/cvs-{arch,current,extra}

instead, please forward it to us.

Thanks,

-T