[arch-ports] Solution for 32bit/multilib-problem

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Mon Oct 9 13:54:35 EDT 2006

Am Montag, 9. Oktober 2006 18:14 schrieb Nicholai Grønvald Hsu:
> Great, worked for me too. Nice idea with the lib32 meta package, makes
> life a lot simpler.

Hmm, you mean the group "lib32"? I am not sure if it is right to put all libs
in that group because people should not use "pacman -S lib32" ehich will
install every lib. For skype you need lib32-qt and lib32-alsa-lib.

I will clean up this things and try to reduce dependencies. "namcap" seems not
to be allways right ;-)

If you know any other application you would like to run on arch64, just tell
me and I`ll see if I can manage it. (I tried Adobe Reader yesterday, but I
didn`t get it runnig because it wants to load libs from /usr/lib)

> Now back to nsdiswrapper,

This seems to be a bit more complicated, since it consists of one part which
has to be compiled on arch32. Best would be two create two seperate packages.
I`ll have a look at it.

--
http://www.archlinux.de