[arch-ports] [PPC] New Packages: Lablgtk, Lablgtk2, Lablgl, Darcs, Ghc

Matthew William Cox matt at mattcox.ca
Wed Apr 25 21:40:07 EDT 2007

Apologies for the repost, sent this from a non-registered address. No idea if it got through.

I use a few packages that aren't yet available on arch-ppc. For the
most part they're simple rebuilds of the i686 pkgbuilds. These are:

lablgtk,labgtk2, lablgl -- Objective Caml bindings to GTK, GTK2, OpenGl

darcs -- a distributed version control system, written in Haskell,
which brings me to:

ghc -- a haskell compiler. Building this on linux/ppc was a little fun
since the devs don't seem to have a binary available to bootstrap with.
I ended up making a temporary port of bootstrap compiler provided by
the Gentoo Haskell team. Then I built the package and removed the
bootstrap compiler. I can send folks the binary package if there's any
interest, and once you have that, you can rebuild the package easily (5
hours or so on my PB G4.)

I've attached the pkgbuilds. The GHC one will require you to have my
binary already installed to build. If there's any interest I can upload
it to some place. I'm working on getting some hosting in the next few
days so I'll be able to post it there as well.

Matthew Cox