[arch-ports] A few PPC queries

graeme burton graeme_c_burton at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 6 12:17:35 EST 2007

Hi All,

Just installed Arch onto my Mac after using the distro
on x86 and being very impressed by it. I hope you can
help me sort out a few problems.

It seemed very odd that the
2006-08-28_archppc-base.iso image doesn't contain a
kernel to install. However, I chrooted and did a
pacman update and all went well.

I got the following error when trying to install
xfce4-goodies

checking package integrity... done.
checking for file conflicts...
error: the following file conflicts were found:
  xfce4-showdesktop-plugin:
/opt/xfce4/lib/xfce4/panel-plugins/libshowdesktop.so:
exists in filesystem
  xfce4-windowlist-plugin:
/opt/xfce4/lib/xfce4/panel-plugins/libwindowlist.so:
exists in filesystem

However, xarchiver-0.4.6-2 and xfce4-dev-tools-4.4.0-1
installed OK.

Also, opera crashes after about 5 seconds as follows

ERROR: ld.so: object 'libjvm.so' from LD_PRELOAD
cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libawt.so' from LD_PRELOAD
cannot be preloaded: ignored.
Segmentation fault

If there's anything I can do to help on this distro,
I'd be happy to do what I can.

Regards,

Grazie